Our state-of-the-art facility provides environmental researchers across the UK with access to innovative technologies to enable world-leading research.
To receive latest funding opportunities, subscribe to NEOF monthly newsletter.
NEOF Pilot Competitions
The 2023 Independent rounds for Genomics, Metabolomics and Proteomics projects deadline was 29th June. Applicants were informed in September 2023. Samples must be received by Wed 13 December 2023.
The 2024 Early Career Researchers pilot round will open for consultation in January 2024, with a submission deadline in early March.
Visitor Facility (NEOF-VF)
Year-round access to support and hands-on training at the NEOF Visitor Facility (NEOF-VF) for PhD students, postdocs, technicians and fellows.
Apply at any time.
Free online training courses on genome assembly, metabarcoding, population genomics, RNA sequencing etc.
- NERC grantholders who have consulted with us before submitting their grant to NERC.
- Researchers based in the UK to undertake pilot studies in environmental science.
- PhD students (or other eligible visitors) in the environmental science area based in the UK. Supervisors must apply on behalf of students.
Please note that Principal Investigators must comply with the NERC eligibility criteria.
- All potential users are asked to first complete an enquiry form to discuss feasibility.
- Applicants will receive a quotation after the enquiry to submit with their proposal.
- To organise work at the Facility, users should then complete the access form.
- Read here the instructions and requested information.
- All users are required to agree to our Terms and Conditions.