2022 NEOF Pilot Metabolomics Competition
The NERC Environmental Omics Facility provides access to omics capabilities (Genomics, Metabolomics and Proteomics) to the UK environmental research community.
- Consultation: 20/06 to 11/07/22
- Submission deadline: 01/08/22
- Decision notification: 30/10/22
- Samples submission: 15/12/22
Examples could include proposals wishing to demonstrate, within a NERC context, use of mass spectrometry in broad metabolite discovery and identification of metabolomic changes between samples, targeted metabolite identification, or the use of vibrational spectroscopy methods for spatial distribution of metabolites.
Applicants should note the following:
- Samples suitable for analysis (i.e. meeting minimum quality and quantity requirements) must be delivered to NEOF by Thursday 15th December 2022; failure to deliver suitable samples to the NEOF by the submission deadline will result in funding being withdrawn.
- Only one project per applicant will be considered.
- Applicants may either prepare samples in their own laboratory or perform preparation at the CMR. If this is required, please flag this during project discussions.
- Applicants need to discuss their projects with CMR to ensure that what is suggested is reasonable and that the design of experiment addresses the research question adequately.
- The PI must be eligible to receive a NERC grant. For more information, consult http://www.nerc.ac.uk/funding/application/eligibility/.
All proposals should include a clear plan for the bioinformatic analysis and interpretation of the resulting data, noting that NEOF will, by agreement, provide some bioinformatic and statistical support as a supplement to the funded project.
Applications will be graded by the NEOF Steering Committee, following the usual NERC procedures, but with special reference to:
- scientific excellence
- The likely importance of the pilot data to a full grant proposal
- the technical novelty of the proposed methodology
Each successful project will include access to staff, equipment and consumables costs, to a total value of up to £15,000.
Potential applicants must send NEOF an Enquiry to discuss their specific requirements between Monday 20 June and Monday 11 July 2022.
Only applications where initial contact has taken place before Monday 11 July and a formal quotation has been obtained before the closing date will be considered.
Empowering the next generation of environmental researchers.
If you would like more information about NEOF and the services we offer, or make any other enquiry, please complete our form.